Friday 26 July 2013

blah

I make drawings and books that explore individual stories and ideas formed from contemporary and past events, big and small. I am interested in the patterns these stories can form, forcing into focus the inescapable weirdness of our world today. My work is designed to immerse the reader in a poetic depiction of this world. I like to do this in drawings, moving image and print, and sometimes song.


I'm interested in documenting and playing with points of convergence both historical and cultural in a way that exposes oddities and uncomfortable patterns of events that often contradict our assumed realities. I collect information and narrative together in the course of my research, and reassemble it within the constructed constrains of the work I have created. I do this because I need to understand what’s going on and I hope I’m not alone.