Tuesday 11 October 2011

Creative Writing Workshop

ORIGINAL

Original extract of script that was used as starting point

Theme music playing light changing colour to indicate the passage of time, camel stoically standing guard Mouse from stage left enters skipping skips past camel who is still standing guard ignoring the mouse.

MOUSE Hello?

Camel says nothing stares forward
MOUSE Hello? Hello?
CAMEL Pause Yes.
MOUSE OH A CAMEL!
CAMEL And you a mouse? No more no less.. please do not disturb me.
MOUSE You are not disturbed! You will love me! Everyone loves me!
CAMEL You are incorrect.... I have nothing to say to a mouse, I do not “love” you.

Mouse does weird dance looks at camel camel looks back unmoved. 
MOUSE Oh! Anyway, I haven't seen a Camel round here for years! No not for years! Are you on official business? no doubt?
CAMEL I am on official business from the executive and do not wish to be disturbed, please go away...
MOUSE Yes OK where?
CAMEL Flustered well doesn't matter! do not care!
MOUSE To the mountain?
CAMEL Sarcastic yes to the mountain, the mountains are beautiful, everyone loves the mountains you should go there.
MOUSE Yes! Yes! my camel friend and you shall come with me!

Mouse takes hold of camel’s lead rope and walks off with it, singing same song as before “tra la la lee”, camel goes along, letting the mouse feel heroic.



ANTONYMIC TRANSLATION

Translated text with inverted meanings. Where possible.

Unattributed atonal noise is internalised, darkness is staying the same tone to distract from the stillness of space, Goldfish is nervously floating unprotected. Cat exits into the audience crawling right up to Goldfish who floating unprotected pays all of his attention to the Cat.

CAT Goodbye!

Goldfish thinks about everything darts eyes everywhere
CAT Goodbye! Goodbye!
Goldfish Quickly No.
CAT I am already aware that you are a goldfish.
Goldfish And you not a cat! Lots less and lots more. Do alert me!
CAT You are alerted! You will not hate me. No one hates me.
Goldfish You are correct, I don't have any reason to keep quiet around a Cat, but I do hate you.

Cat does accomplished walk and looks away from goldfish, goldfish also looks away from cat and is very moved by the situation.
CAT I understand! And on a different subject, I have seen another Goldfish directly over-there very recently! I was sure you would be on an unofficial pleasure trip, but I do have my doubts.
Goldfish I am on a Unofficial pleasure trip to the lowest rank and I do fear being alerted! COME HERE!
CAT No, negative, don't you want me over there?
Goldfish Composed certainly it does matter where you go, I am passive.
CAT Away from the sea?
Goldfish Sincerely Not away from the sea, the sea is not ugly, no one hates the sea, you shouldn't go away from somewhere.
CAT NO! NO! You are my goldfish nemesis and you will not go away without me!

Cat lets go of Goldfish's listless string and dances at that spot without need of it.Cat is screaming a different atonal noise than will be heard in future times “SNAAAAAAAA” 
Goldfish stops dead, Unwilling to let the Cat become a villain. 



SUBJECTIVITY 

First person narration, from the perspective of an object or character within the original narration. This is the events from the perspective of the bucket that appears later in the script HERE.

It hasn't rained round here for ages. The air feels heavy with moisture, but it never rains!
Hmm interesting, why is the mouse thing talking to the one who is called camel? Quite Interesting......
Camels can hold much much more water in there humps than I could ever hope to hold! I always find this depressing.....
 ...This camel has no humps. It must be one of those hump-less camels, that is a camel who has no humps and doesn't really look like a camel. For me that's a camel in name only, but what do I know? I'm only a bucket!
 ...Hmm they are still talking. I wonder what they are saying to each other?

(Long pause)

It hasn't rained round here for ages, maybe for days.

Oh their heading this way!



 HAIKU 


Camel stoically. 


Mouse skips damp path towards night. 


Enjoy yourself fool!